Sunday, October 13, 2013

Replacementsss...

Not sure was it my luck or just co-incident! 2 amps, headunit and my GPS navigator were DEAD! =X

Well... This time round, I'm going for branded amps and headunit... Sound quality guaranteed!

------------

1) Due to budget constraint, I chose JBL. Why JBL? Partially because I love the brand, Junk But Loud!

Junk But Loud (JBL) P80.4, 4ch amp


In some forums, as well as online shop review, all owners said this unit is un-rated... It actually perform more than 80W rms per channels... Hmmm.....

------------

2) I dilemma for quite awhile whether to get a bridged 2ch amp or simple monoblock... Eventually, I decided to try something different and seriously, NO regrets.

I love the way Monoblock pump my woofer and the subsonic control. EXCELLENT!!

Sundown SAE-1000D Monoblock amp

These 2 amps ever work with that dead CHINA headunit for a couple of months, as usual, overall sound quality was not up to my expectation. Nevertheless, this monster generates alot of heat!

------------

3) Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Sony and China headunit, I choose PIONEER but entry level...

Pioneer AVH-X1550DVD

After install and some diy sound tuning, I played the same CD that I used to play on that CHINA headunit... Amazing, the vocal clarity, the richness of those instruments effects and even bass accuracy.. Whoooa... Then I realised, I suffered for 2yrs by that CHINA Headunit. DARN!

Shiok!!!

------------

4) Because of this lovely headunit, I decided to fully utilize it's capability by adding a GPS module..

Unfortunate is a CHINA GPS unit... Hopefully it served me well...

Order drop, pending for shipping... Will update once I installed...



------------

5) For convenient sake, I purchase a USB AUX Extension Cable For Car


Same for this, order drop, pending for shipping... Will update once I installed..

------------

6) As but not least, soundproofing... As weight is a concern to me, I decided to TRY doing soundproofing WITHOUT Bitumen/Tar/Sticky Black Substance. Planning to paste 2 layers of sound deadening "sponge" on 4 doors and maybe roof as well as... Shall see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment